The wild boars are the ancestors of domestic swine. The wild boars are just like pigs but easily differentiated with golden stripes over back hair and tusks in the snout. Wild boar hunting is a popular sport in Britain and France. In some countries, people capture wild boars piglets and cage them until they are adults, so that they can eat wild boar meat. However, commercial farming of wild boar is not yet heard of
Wild boar meat and pork looks similar, however, taste different. Wild boar meat is considered a royal food in many cultures. Wild boar meat can be eaten as snack, appetizer, or even main course. Because of high fat content, people mostly eat wild boar meat with alcohol.
In case you want to try wild boar, here is an easy to follow recipe. If wild boar meat is not available in your place, you can also use this method to cook pork.
- Red wine: 500 ml
- Wild boar meat: 1 kg, a single large piece (in case you cannot find wild bar, get a large chunk of pork)
- Garlic paste: 1 table spoon
- Black pepper: 1 table spoon
- Cumin seed powder: 1 table spoon
- Red chili powder: 1 table spoon
- Salt: ½ tablespoon
- Butter: Two scoops
- Roasted sesame seeds: 1 tablespoon
- Lemon wedges, coriander leaves, and chopped green pepper for garnishing
- Make gashes on the meat.
- Make a mixture of garlic paste, black pepper, cumin seed powder, and chili powder.
- Apply the paste on the meat thoroughly
- Sprinkle salt on the meat.
- Pour some wine over the meat.
- Marinate the meat in a refrigerator for at least six hours. Make sure that you turn the meat frequently so that each side is soaked in wine.
- Pour butter in a fry pan and place the meat gently on the pan after it is heated.
- Turn the meat frequently and let it cook from all sides.
- Add some sesame seeds
- When the meat is cocked after 25 minutes, put in on a plate
- Garnish with Lemon wedges, finely chopped green pepper and coriander leaves.
You can eat roasted wild boar with rice, bread or gulp down your throat with wine or whiskey